Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pet Peeves and Other Things

As I suspected when I created this blog, I don't have the time to put into it that I would like. Either that or I just don't have enough going on that I think other people would be interested in reading about! I read several blogs regularly and they mostly seem to be filled with pictures and funny stories about their children, deep thoughts about life, inspirational things, etc.

Sorry. I just don't have it in me right now!

What about things that just get on my nerves? There are several.

1. If you don't live in Roanoke, you won't understand this one. People who cannot merge onto or off of I-581 at the Orange Avenue interchange. What is with people? Entering the highway from Orange Avenue they get to the top of the entrance ramp and come to a complete stop as if they were at a red light. Then they wait for a break in the right lane before they try to enter the highway. Meanwhile people who are trying to exit the interstate can't do so properly because these people are sitting still instead of moving into traffic so others can move out!! It is infuriating. Part of what makes it difficult to enter any highway in Roanoke, not just this one, are people who ride the right lane, no matter what. There are three lanes, the right is for entering and exiting the highway, the middle is for cruising, and the left is for passing. Roanoke truly has some of the worst drivers I have ever seen anywhere. I could truthfully probably do a whole blog about bad drivers in Roanoke...hey, now there's a thought...maybe that would be a way for me to get out some of my behind-the-wheel frustration.

2. Plastic bags and other packaging that is more secure than Fort Knox. Particularly cereal bags, or those boxed dinners, like Mexican dinners, that come with seasoning, sauce, etc. These bags are like steel! You absolutely cannot tear them open. And no matter how many times I try and fail, I still try again before giving up and getting the scissors.

3. People at work who refuse to fill the copy machine or printer with paper. There are people who would wait an hour for someone else to put paper in rather than getting it themselves to finish their print job.

4. Somewhat related to #3 are people at work who will not wash their dishes in the kitchen or will not make coffee. I'm sorry - I didn't realize there were actually people who were too good to do such menial tasks.

I could probably come up with more than that, but I don't want to give the impression that it's all I think about.

On another, happier note: We are planning a trip to Disney World for the first week in September. Audrey is terribly excited and I have to say I'm pretty excited too. Neither Thomas nor I have ever been and we are all looking forward to it. I'm a little worried about the heat and the crowds, and the pressure of trying to do and see too much while we're there but hopefully it will all work out. Maybe I will post some pictures when we get back.

Thomas' cousin Monica has a great blog that I read a lot, and in one of her last posts she told a lot of her story. I learned some things about her that I didn't know before. I have to say she kind of inspired me to write my own story. Maybe next time, if I can find the time, I will post some of my history here. We all have a story. I love to read other people's and maybe someone would want to read mine!

No comments: