Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gaither Homecoming Tour '08

Last night our choir, Parkway Wesleyan's Voice of Praise, sang at the Gaither Homecoming concert at the Roanoke Civic Center. It was awesome. Of course it wasn't what I expected it to be - nothing ever is, right? But it was wonderful.
Shame on me for not bringing my camera, but I know some of my good friends will be sending me pictures so hopefully I'll post a couple soon.

We didn't really have an opportunity to meet any of the artists, though some were fortunate enough to hang around after the concert and meet some of them.

It was a once in a lifetime experience, that's for sure. They all look and sound just as good as they do on their videos. There was a wonderful spirit in the house, and I think all who were there were blessed. The concert lasted over 4 hours (yes, 4 hours!) but it didn't seem that long at all. We probably could have sung even longer.

I'm so glad we had that opportunity - it is something I will never forget.

No comments: